Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Pesky Banner

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I select an individual image in Lightroom this big white banner appears.  How do I get rid of it ??Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 7.05.44 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 or earlier? What version NUMBER of your Mac operating system?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well you could try typing the I (eye) key. 

I'd suggest trying a preference reset however, that overlay of info doesn't appear to be drawing correctly:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Better? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This problem comes up from time to time, and it's usually LR 6 on Big Sur or Catalina.

LR 6 is not compatible with these operating systems, and weird things can happen.

This is the info overlay, which is not displaying properly because of the incompatibility.

Pressing the I key once or twice will hide the overlay.

As your operating system receives updates, you may run into bigger problems.

Also note that LR 6 cannot be installed on Big Sur or Catalina, so don't uninstall it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines