Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Desaturates/Saturates when Mouse Moves/Hovers over Module

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all!

Just upgraded to Lightroom Classic CC. I just noticed as I was editing that when I move my mouse and go to the Develop module to move a slider, the photo desaturates when I hover. It's so strange! At first, I thought it was just my tired eyes playing tricks, but nope- definitely flashes a change when I move my mouse.

I'm not really sure what to call this, so I haven't been able to "google" a solution. Obviously, this hinders color correction just a tad. Would love to know if there is a way to turn this off?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

I've never seen this, but it may be an incompatibility with your GPU. Go to the Preferences - Performance and turn off 'Use Graphics processor' to see if that solves it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen this, but it may be an incompatibility with your GPU. Go to the Preferences - Performance and turn off 'Use Graphics processor' to see if that solves it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for your response! That's exactly it! As soon as I turned off the 'Use graphics processor' it stopped! Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. 
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG! I was dealing with this for 2-3 years. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed it for me, too! thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW. Had been googling this issue for a while. THANK YOU!!! This fixed it. 🙂 🙂 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok question. That solved the saturating and desaturating issue, but now my picture gets blurry every time I slide any slider in develop mode. Any thoughts? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines