• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Enhance Feature?

Contributor ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw there is a feature under the Photo>Enhance tab that offers the choice of Raw Details or Super Resolution. It appears the original must be a RAW file and the result is a DNG file. I gave both options a try and noticed in each case the final file size was larger - much larger in the Super Resolution mode.  Has anyone experimented with these options and then had prints made.  I'm curious about how effectice this is. The feature is claimed to produce excellent large prints.  Thanks.  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the increased file size that gives you a benefit; the Super Resolution doubles the number of pixels in each direction, so that's 4x as many pixels. I'm not sure this matters when you are trying to print large anyway; what it does do is make the image appear sharper. Also, Enhanced Details may make the image appear sharper, but this has nothing to do with file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2021/03/10/from-the-acr-team-super-resolution.html#gs.vswudd

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. That artical was very informative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines