• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo files being automatically erased from CF-A input media after import

New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unsure why my raw photos are being automatically erased from my CF-Express, Type-A media card after I import them into Lightroom Classic. The imput media is the CF-Express, Type-A card from my Sony A7r4 camera. I'm loading them into an Apple MacBook Pro running MacOS Monterey 12.3.1 using a CF-A Reader. Files always imput easily but are then are immediately erased from the card. How do I prevent that erasure from happening? Sometimes I inadvertently delete files in LR and would like to fall back on the originals to reload from the input media.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic can't do that (it can auto-eject). Are you sure they are gone? 

Can you post a screen capture of your import settings? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went through the process again to confirm the photo files were removed from the CF-Express Type-A (card name SonyA7r4) card as a result of importing files into lightroom. Requested screen shots are attached. It appears a "move" process is being performed rather than a "copy" that happens when I import from an SD card. Unfortunately the faster CF-Express is the primary storage media in my Sony A7r4 camera. Unclear if this move is being driven by LIghtroom or by the Apple MacOS Monterey 12.3.1 on my Macbook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't see your screen shot. 

Move AFAIK, shouldn't be an option on such a card. But if so, simply select Copy

I have a Sony and I'm using an external card reader. As you can see, the only option I have is Copy:

Import.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

According to older threads here, both Mac and Windows treat CFexpress readers as fixed hard drives rather than removable card media.  Since that's what the operating system tells LR, LR makes the Move option available.  So double-check that you're using the Import Copy option rather than Move:

johnrellis_0-1651546961866.png

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/cf-express-card-treated-like-hard-disk/... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines