Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo merge isn't working

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, Lightroom release 14.4.1

I select 2 or more photos to merge as a panorama.

choose either cylingrical or spherical.

move the boundary warp slider to 100%

The image comes back severely distorted on one side, or the program just refuses to do the merge.

This is new with the latest release.  I do a lot of panoramas, and I've not seen this before.  My workaround is to not use the bouondary warp feature, and then edit the result in Photoshop to finish.  I'm bashful about uninstalling and reinstalling just to the last update.  Maybe there's a better way to back ouot this update?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a couple of your source pano images for testing purposes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These two pics merge, and boundary warp seems to work, but the third picture shows what happens along the left side.

The merged .dng is too large , I'll try it on another reply.  I guess I can't upload a .NEF file.  I get an error message saying that .nef doesn't match .NEF for a suffix.  Of course I sent .NEF, and that's what showed in the file box below, but I still get the error.  Maybe someone with a Nikon D500 has some .NEF files and can try this on their own files?  Then again, maybe someone can tell me how to make the upload work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I expoted the pics as ,jpeg and the same error occurred, so here are the three images as jpegs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the test with your images. It shows the images merged with both Spherical and Cylindrical with Boundary Warp at 100 and with the Fill edges option. I am not getting the same result as your pano on the left side. Did you try with the jpgs as well? Do you get the same results with other pano merge attempts? What do you have for RAM?Cylindrical – 1.jpgSpherical – 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I see it, you do have some of the same effect.  Look at the original left edge, and compare the way the horizontal lines are turned up in the merged images.  I don't use the fill option, I was assuming that it didn't apply when the warp was set to 100%.  Other merges have had much more pronounced errors.  The images I sent were the results after I exported the originals to jpeg files, and then merged those jpegs.  I then exported the .dng so I could send it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I forgot to include my system details:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz 3.07 GHz
Installed RAM 24.0 GB
Device ID 
Product ID 
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎11/‎4/‎2020
OS build 19044.1826
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines