photo missing

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded my photos from my camera card to LR classic and I cane see them in library mosed but on the right it says they are missing. I have synced them but no go. I cant edit them. Thanks 

Audrey

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Syncing is the wrong thing to do. You need to find out where they really are, and then 'relink' them: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/
One reason why images could become missing is if they are on an external drive, and that drive is either not connected or Windows assigned a different drive letter to it than it used when the images were inported.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what @JohanElzenga said, some operating systems sometimes allow (it's a bug) you to ADD photos from the camera card, and once the camera card is removed from the card reader or the cable from the camera to the computer is removed from the computer, you can get these same symptoms of photos missing that were just imported.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you import from a card make sure to always use the Copy method. Copy should be highlighted at the top of the screen during Import.

It's important to understand the difference between Import Add and Import Copy. If you don't you will eventually lose track of your images. Many beginner Lightroom Classic users misunderstand how import works and it causes lots of problems for them down the road.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines