• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Quality Declines When Exporting from LR

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I need some serious help! I have used PS for few years and taken a PS class in college, but never really got into Lightroom. I just started using it (seemingly to make my life easier) and am having a horrendous time. Basically, when I try to export a photo from LR to EITHER my desktop or to PS 2022, the photo looks horrendous. The color, quality and resolution are awful. When trying to export to my desktop as a JPEG,  I at first thought it was the settings. However, I can't even edit the image in PS at a TIF without it looking drastically different.

I am feeling so discouraged and am racking my brain wondering if this has to do with the calibrations on my laptop? I know everyone is going to ask if I have calibrated my monitor and I have, but not with a professional tool or software. 

Can anyone steer me in the right direction? I am using an HP Z Book. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Assuming you haven't made any changes to Photoshop's color settings (which you don't show), your settings look fine. That's not where the problem is.

So I suspect you may have a defective monitor profile from HP, distributed through Windows Update. This is a quite common problem. OS level calibration will not help with that.

Go into Windows color management again, but not the Advanced tab. Don't change anything there! Open the Devices tab. Replace the current monitor profile with sRGB IEC61966-2.1, and relaunch Lightroom/Photoshop. They load the monitor profile at application startup.

The monitor profile is not the same as calibration. The real and proper fix for this is to use a calibrator, because in addition to calibrating the display, it will also write a new monitor profile, and that's what you need. But sRGB may be close enough for non-critical use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines