• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos are in Catalog but not in Folders

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening up LrC today in Library mode, none of my photos will show when folders are selected.  They do all show when I click on the Catalog.  All my folders have numbers on the right side of the panel and the total number of photos match the total in the catalog.  

Not sure what to do.

Thanks for any assistance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you mean that the photos show when you click on "All Photographs". For one of these photos, right click on the thumbnail and select "Go to Folder in Library". The folder that the photo is in will be highlighted on the left in the Folder Panel, you may have to scroll up or down to find the highlighted folder. Does this show the expected folder, or something that you don't expect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, when I click on "All Photographs" in Catalog drop down, they all show.

When I take the steps you mentioned, it does highlight the expected folder in the left panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...but "no photos in selected folder" still appears in main window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us screen captures to illustrate the problem. Please use the "Insert Photos" icon to include your screen captures in your reply. Do not attach files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022-11-03 (1).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022-11-03 (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is 'Show Photos in Subfolders' turned on in the Library menu?

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean.  Yes it is clicked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, in the first screen capture, expand the folder Colorado 2022 so we can see subfolders, and then click on one of the subfolders. Show us the screen capture of the result.

Then go the other way, in "All Photograhps" right click on a photo in that Colorado 2022 subfolder, then select "Go to Folder in Library" and show us that screen capture so that we can see what folder is highlighted in the Folder Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay.

2022-11-03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen shot from directions in second paragraph above, clicking on Catalog/All Photos and then seeing the folder 2022-11-03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a recent catalog backup? If so, then I think you should replace your current catalog with that backup copy, because your current catalog seems to be corrupted.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do, as I backup most every time I exit the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These two are the same screen shots. Can you fix that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second one is slightly different, and was what resulted when I went to Catalog/All Photos and then right clicked on an image/Go to Photo in Library. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me do it again and re-send both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First

2022-11-03 (5).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get it, what is the first screen capture showing? I thought you were going to select a photo (none is selected) and right-click and select Go To Folder in Library, so we can see on the left under Folders which one is highlighted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get it, what is the first screen capture showing? I thought you were going to select a photo (none is selected) and right-click and select Go To Folder in Library, so we can see on the left under Folders which one is highlighted.

By @dj_paige

This is exactly the point. If the catalog is corrupted, then the command 'Go to folder in Library' can show the folder but state that there are no images in that folder. I have seen this quite a few times before, and the remedy is simple: replace the catalog by the latest backup. That's what backups are for.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's what happens when I followed the suggestion to Go to Folder, etc....  No images show.  And the last two screen shots are the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@michaelm96365180 wrote:

Yes that's what happens when I followed the suggestion to Go to Folder, etc....  No images show.  And the last two screen shots are the result.

So replace your catalog with a backup copy (you need to unzip it), like I already suggested two days ago, before we all have died from old age...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second

2022-11-03 (6).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I just update the catalog with a backup copy?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always worth a punt. Follow @dj_paige's request so we get a fuller look at what's going on. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines