• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos become washed out after upload

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of my photography is in the Real Estate business, but I do portraits and other work on the side.  I've maintained a preset thats pretty basic for LRC to keep all of the real estate photos under 10mb and it has worked without issue for 2+ years.  Recently, I went to check the agents post and it looked washed out yellow and desaturated.  I also did some other photos and its the same result.  Here's some more information:

Export:

Image Format: JPEG

Quality: 100

Color Space: sRGB

Limit File Size To: 10000k

Resolution: (was using 300PPI and changed to try and get rid of issue) 200 PPI

Shapen For: Screen

They export and look 100% fine on my end.  Then I upload to pCloud for delivery and this is where I first see the washed out effect.  I have even uploaded directly to MLS and it still has the same results.  Has anyone else come across this issue?  I've been able to make small adjustments and it fixes it and I think I'm past it, then it comes back again...  Attached are the examples, they are snips so the quality is low, but you can see the color change I am talking about...

EX1.PNG

EX3.PNG

  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software are you using to view the uploaded photos? Typically, this happens because you are now using non-color managed software (but there are other possible reasons)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just use Windows Photo viewer for on PC, but you can't see the difference there.  pCloud and multiple online sources are where I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what can happen when viewing a ProPhoto image in an application without color management, but since you've exported in sRGB, it must be something else.

Where do you see the desaturated image? In a web browser? If so, what browser?

Can you provide a link to the online version that displays desaturated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Per,

Yeah, here's a link to the photos.  It has happened on two different machines as well.  Laptop and desktop.

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you forgot to post the link.

And please let me know what web browser you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, sorry been working lots lately...

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=kZjlsUXZazKBrBlFFKX6VNVbDs9uuX485tfk

I use Google Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the two images, and the desaturated one is in ProPhoto, the other is in sRGB.

It is normal for ProPhoto to look desaturated in applications without color management, but this image also does so in color managed applications, even Photoshop. Something must be wrong with it, I don't know what.

So it seems to me that you have exported two images, one in sRGB and one in ProPhoto.

If the ProPhoto image looks OK on your computer, maybe pCloud expects sRGB, and something goes wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Per,

Thank you for your insight, I will go ahead and do some test exporting and see what I can duplicate.  I hope this remedies the issue, been frustrating.  I'll follow up!

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, worth mentioning, I did do a MINOR contrast & detail adjustment between these two photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines