• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos deleted from Lightroom Mobile (cloud) are not automatically deleted from Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. In Lightroom Classic I have two catalogs: All Photographs and All Synced Photographs. When I delete a cloud photo in Lightroom Classic it is deleted from both catalogs and from the cloud (I can see it in the trash bin in Lightroom Mobile). However, when I delete a photo in the cloud using Lightroom Mobile photo is only deleted from the All Synced Photographs catalog in Lightroom Classic but still remains in the All Photographs Catalog. That is pretty annoying as I need to delete the local copy in Lightroom Classic each time I delete a photo from the cloud. Is there any way to set up Lightroom Classic completely delete all local copies when a file is deleted in the cloud?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

What you are describing is correct behavior. 

Once a file makes to the Lightroom Classic Catalog it is 'safe' - meaning that the mobile ecosystem clients can no longer affect its existence in the Lightroom Classic Catalog. Disk-based file operations are reserved for Classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are describing is correct behavior. 

Once a file makes to the Lightroom Classic Catalog it is 'safe' - meaning that the mobile ecosystem clients can no longer affect its existence in the Lightroom Classic Catalog. Disk-based file operations are reserved for Classic. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the confirmation that it is "as designed" behavior. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to set up Lightroom Classic completely delete all local copies when a file is deleted in the cloud?

By @Maxim Gurkin

Do it the other way round.....delete the image from LrClassic, and that will also delete it from the Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is a wish to select within Lr Mobile which images should be deleted - these could be instead flagged in some way (or given a particular rating). After this flag or rating has synced back down to the image seen in LrClassic, it can be used there as an aid to deletion. That gets rid in one go of the local image file, its importation to the Catalog, and its presence in the cloud ecosystem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, that can definitely simplify catalog management. I also found another mechanism - make a diff between all photos and synced photos through Select All / Inverse Selection operations, but it looks like a hack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It definitely works, but I pretty often clean up the catalog using an iPad while waiting in a queue or using any sort of transportation. @richardplondon flag suggestion can help here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines