• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos desaturated in Lightroom when brought back from Photoshop

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I just started having a new issue that's affecting my workflow.  I normally download my images into Lightroom Classic, import into Photoshop from Lightroom to do my skin retouching and then save in Photoshop to get the photo back into Lightroom where I use my color coded system to keep track of where I am in editing shoot.  

Now, however, every photo I bring back from PS to LrC is weirdly desaturated and the colors are off.  The original image looks fine in Lightroom AND when imported into Photoshop.  Also, I can export to a folder from PS and eveything is fine, the final image in the PNG or JPG looks normal, the colors are right and all the edits are there, as expected.  It's ONLY when I bring it back to LrC from PS that it desaturates and loses color.

Any setting that somehow got flipped during the recent update?  Both are on the latest version according to my Adobe CC app, but nothing remotly like this has happened in the years and years I've been doing this pre latest update.  Thank you.  

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset your Photoshop preferences, that is the fix. But BEFORE doing so, please make a copy to send to Adobe. 

See:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/color-problems-external-edit-to-photosh...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This keeps happening after I reset my settings and I'm never sure when it's going to pop up.  Some images are fine and some are not.  Is there a permanent solution?  I keep losing edits and wasting my time.  Do I have reset my Photoshop every single time or what? I have keyboard shortcuts I'm used to, I shouldn't have to get rid of them.  Should I downgrade my Photoshop version?   I have four shoots to edit and I'm sick of this.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find if I go back into Photoshop and make a tiny edit and save it back to Lightroom it shows up with the correct color. I just have to save some of my images twice. It is a pain but a quicker pain then what you are doing. It is not a solve but a quicker work around. If anyone has the solution, feel free to let us know! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes! Me too... if i make a small edit, then it comes up normal in lightroom. I have tried changing all the color setting profiles and i can't figure it out either. Did you figure out a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines