• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos get duplicated during import

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i import photos directly form y cards, the photos get duplicated during the import. Each photo apears twice, original file name and oricinal file name-2. Ive tried checking and unchecking the import duplicates tab and neither fix the problem.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

I've narrowed down the problem, every time my camera makes more than one folder with photos, upon import the photos get duplicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While being in the import dialog, do you see the already imported photos marked for import even if "don't import duplicates" is checked?

Out of curiosity: Are you importing from a card? If already imported, why are the photos still on the card?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photos being duplicated are all imported directly from a card for the first time, non of the photos on the card have been imported previously 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please answer the questions. Otherwise, trying to help is the same as asking a crystal ball.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see the imported photo marked because there are no photos already imported.

And there are no already imported photos on the card only new photos as I explained in the past response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your import, are you selecting Copy, Copy as DNG, Add, or Move

P.S. never ever select Move. Hazardous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import them i always select copy

By @GoldingD

By @GoldingD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have "make a second copy to" checked by accident? 

Are you making sure the destination folder is NOT the folder or card your originals are in/on? Check the source and destination carefully.

If neither of those are true, reset your Lightroom Classic preferences and try again: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I do not have it checked. The destination folder is a an external drive and the originals are in the card. 

I'm gonna try the reset. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've narrowed down the problem, every time my camera makes more than one folder with photos, upon import the photos get duplicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines