• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos immeditately come up with missing photo icon.

Participant ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im getting the missing photo icons immediately after importing into lightroom via external hard drive. When I right-click on photo and go show in explorer it shows me the photo where it is on the hard drive. Windows 11, latest classic version.

P.S - Should I be converting to .dng or leave in .CR2? — some people say they prefer how the canon software edits raw files and Im also worried I'll lose the ability to extract the secondary dual pixel file. thx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey @Hmmokthen. I'll help you figure this out. I'll need more info to help you figure this out. Please share the system info of Lightroom Classic from Help > System info > Copy & paste into a text document > Upload and share with us here.

Where do you keep your Lightroom Catalog? On the internal or external drive?

If you're using ADD to import images, Lightroom creates a link to the files on the external drive.

Try these steps:

• Before unplugging & plugging the drive from the, ensure you've assigned a specific drive letter to the external drive so that Lightroom does not forget the location of an image if Windows rename the external drive. Check this for help from MS: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/disk-management/change-a-drive-letter
  • Try changing the connection cables & ports. If the drive is plugged in through a USB hub, use the computer's port directly as a test.
  • Try a different external drive as a test.

Let me know how it goes.
For the second question, the discussion could be broad. So I'd recommend posting another question about that.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines