• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos In Catalog but not Folder.

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if there is an answer for this but I can't seem to find one.

My photos are in my drop down Catalog on the left. But when I go to check them in the folder drop down menu it says "no photos in selected folder" even though they are clearly there and highlighted and not dull. They are still all under the same folders on my harddrive but for some reason lightroom doesnt think they are there. I attached photos to make more sense. Thank you so much everyone.

Screenshot (3).pngScreenshot (1).pngScreenshot (2).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is the option to show photos in subfolders enabled?

Screenshot 2021-05-18 185859.png

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mike,

Yes subfolders is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you right click on one of the pictures (from "all photographs") and select "go to folder in library", does it show the pictures in that folder?

Michael

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No sir,

It gave me the same "no photos selected in folder" when I tried that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest right clicking on a folder and synchronizing it, as well as the usual close-and-reopen-Lightroom, if you haven't done so yet.

Besides that, I can't think of anything else right now.

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (4).pngUnfortunately it doesn't even let me do anything regardless of checking however many boxes. Thanks anyway, Mike!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a screen shot with the catalog selection on, for example, this folder (instead of a top level folder)?

2021-05-18_15-30-52.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When was the last time you optimized your catalog (which also checks it for integrity)?

You can use File > Optimize Catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in that  la st screen shot,
he folder 2021-04-09

In your OS file manager, are their sub folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In your Folder Panel, these Folders, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021.Are those  parent folders? Or are they sub folders to a Parent Folder? In your Folders Panel, select to show Parent Folder. Might want to repeatedly select show Patent Folder until it will go no further. Check to see no ?marks exist indicating missing folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines