• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos look flat after being exported

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I'm having a problem with Lightroom Classic and I'm not being able to fix this problem.

I imported and edited my RAW files (shooted with Fujifilm XT-3) in Lighroom Classic on a Windows 10. The problem comes when I export the files, they look very flat. I checked the colour profile in my camera as well as Lighroom, they're both sRGB. 

Days ago I was discussing about it in a forum and I took screenshots of the photo from Lightroom and the exported one to show this problem. The strange thing is that the one in Lightroom was flat as well (in the screenshot). 

I started having this problem after I formatted my laptop, before everything was working well. 

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggestions-

1) Calibrate your monitor with a device for the purpose.

Color variances can be caused by a problematic monitor profile- even between 'Library' and 'Develop' views in LrC.

To test your monitor profile to see if it might be the problem-

MONITOR sRGB PROFILE

2) Setting the Color Profile in Camera to sRGB will only affect JPG files from the camera. RAW files do not have a color space. Check that you are Exporting JPGs as sRGB.

3) Check with the OEM of your Graphics card for the latest Driver for your GPU.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestions! 
I followed the first point step by step and tested my monitor profile. I change my laptop settings and now it seems to work much better. 
I exported the photo and now it seems to be 95% the same as the edited one in Lightroom, just a bit darker. However, I think it depends on the application I use to view the photo (Windows photo). Also, I will publish my photos in my online portfolio, so I can't pretend that anyone else will see the same colours as my laptop, or am I wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, you can't pretend that. You cannot control how others see your images on the web (or elsewhere). Yes, saving as sRGB is a good start but you have no control over others who may or may not be using color managed applications (without, sRGB is meaningless), if or how they calibrate their displays, etc. The best you can do is control your images on your end using color management. 

See:

sRGB urban legend & myths Part 2

In this 17 minute video, I'll discuss some more sRGB misinformation and cover:

When to use sRGB and what to expect on the web and mobile devices

How sRGB doesn't insure a visual match without color management, how to check

The downsides of an all sRGB workflow sRGB's color gamut vs. "professional" output devices

The future of sRGB and wide gamut display technology

Photo print labs that demand sRGB for output

High resolution: http://digitaldog.net/files/sRGBMythsPart2.mp4

Low resolution on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyvVUL1gWV

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They look flat in what application and is said application Color Managed? It has to be if you expect a match. Make sure when comparing images in Lightroom Classic and others that first, you view the image in Lightroom Classic in Develop module at 1:1 zoom. IF have your Edit In preferences set for anything but ProPhoto RGB, say sRGB, set up a soft proof for that color space, again in Develop. Then compare in Photoshop and the other app's at the same zoom (100%).
If that doesn't work, a few things to try in each application, disable GPU in preferences; better? 
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.
If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. On the Mac, that's part of the OS update(s) so if this is the latest OS version, you may need to roll back a release.
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines