• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos not loading correctly (grey box)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I have opened Lr Classic today to sort through the new images I've imported, I noticed a handful haven't loaded properly and just show a grey box. I've tried closing and opening the program, un- and re-installing it, deleting the Previews.lrdata folder to force it to make new image previews, and nothing so far has worked. When I try to select show in Explorer, I get the following error message dialogue:

"An internal error has occurred: ?:0: attempt to index field 'rootFile' (a nil value)"

When I go to actually find the files myself and view them in Windows photo viewer they are normal and don't seem corrupted in any way. I can't find any other solutions online so hoping by making a post someone might be able to help!!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new catalog, import those images, see  if the problem occurs in the new catalog.

is the existing catalog going corrupt??

not exactly the same, but..:

https://www.lightroom-plugins.com/support/index.php?/Lightroom/Knowledgebase/Article/View/208/0/a-co...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, wait a second, should have asked.

What version of LrC do you have?

A Ghost bug existed at v8, or was it v7. Long gone by v10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your screenshot, it would be helpful if the histogram was shown. A wonky histogram can give clues. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/greyed-out-images-in-lightroom/m-p/9747873

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions! I am on v10, and the images weren't showing in the develop module either (as they were in the thread you linked) so no way to see any of the affected images or histograms at all. I think your first suggestion of a corrupt catalog is correct - it's only synced to my CC anyway so not the end of the world - just a pain that it would happen in the first place!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wait a second. Several suggestions are made about what to do ... did you try them? You don't say one way or the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines