• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos won't display in Parent folders or All Photographs

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2012 Mar 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to LR4 from LR3 when I go to the library and click on "All photographs" none of my 86000 photos show up.

The same thing happens in folders module....for example:

1. My photos are in folders titled 20120306

2. Those folders are siored in a single "parent" folder called 2012

3. All the "parent" year folders are in a folder called MAIN

When I click on main it does not display any photos but it tells me how many photos are in the folder

When I click on 2012 it does not display any photos but it tells me how many photos are in the folder

When I click on 20120306 it then dislays the photos.

I am not sure why clicking on 2012 it would not show me ALL of the photos taken in 2012, that is what LR3 did......

PLEASE help as I am very puzzled by this!

Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

This issue has been fixed in Lightroom 4.1, which is now available.  To download the 4.1 update, go to the Help menu in Lightroom and choose "Check for Updates".

Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 110 Replies 110
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys from adobe,

we have the 21st. march and it's still not fixed?

regards

Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christopher K. wrote:

Hey guys from adobe,

we have the 21st. march and it's still not fixed?

regards

Christopher

yes - unbelievable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2012 Mar 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I apologize for the fact that the customer service response has been unsatisfactory, and I understand that waiting for a patch is frustrating.  This statement, however:

"Still no ... admission that there is a problem..."

is simply not true (please see my previous post, above).  We are well aware that there is a problem, and are working on it actively.  I know that yesterday would have been better than tomorrow, but this is one of our top priorities, and we will get a fix to you as soon as we can.  Again, I will post back to this thread when I have something for you.

Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the update Ben. Perhaps someone needs to share/discuss this perspective with the folks at Chat and that manage the tickets.  Respectfully, while you had said there is a problem and that you would update this thread with more info 10 days ago, it's not clear to me where you are at in the chain with Adobe.  So while you've said there is a problem and it is being worked on, you have a completely different story than we are getting in feedback from support. My experience is almost identical to Kevin's (zdybkela) above.

So, I'll retract my statement of "No admission, there is a problem..." Clearly, you agree there is a reproduceable issue, but I cannot find where Adobe has indicated they have a problem unless you are speaking for Adobe.

My statement was based on responses I have received in Chat in relation to my two tickets. Responses to open tickets that do not address the issue but that seek to close a ticket with a workaround is poor PR and leaves the impression that everything is just fine.  When I asked to speak to a manager, my request was denied, my ticket closed. I'm not looking for a blow by blow, but a lot of Goodwill could be obtained if the folks at Chat and Support could at least indicate that the engineers are working on a solution and that there is currently no ETA. Even an update on the LR Support page would probably suffice for most.

The standard response that we need to create a new catalog and import the old one, even though we have repeatedly said this is not acceptable with no recourse and closing of the chat sessions is wrong. It does not help that Scott Kelby/Matt Kloskowski and other big proponents of LR continue to rave about the product and indicate that they've had "No issues".  Seriously?  If we're using LR and can reproduce the issues for you, we're not noobs at this.

A quick look at the "Hot Issues" reveals no mention of catalog conversion fail: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2012/03/lightroom-4-hot-issues.html

even though it is discussed by consumer feedback recorded in the journal. Then, no more journals since the 12th.  Not sure where we should get our info from, but it is difficult to find what is being done about the catalog conversion errors. Is there some place we can see what is being worked on and monitor for status, or are we supposed to keep hitting chat and our tickets?

To my knowledge you seem to be the only one that indicated you can reproduce the issue, but I have no idea who you are or what is being done about it other than what we get back through chat sessions, and it ain't pretty.  I spent well over 60 hours of my own time trying to fix things and get my catalog working again. I'm finally up and using LR4 and now I'm dealing with how LR4 handles things much differently in the color reproduction and the conversion from ProPhoto to sRGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lancerogers wrote:

Respectfully, while you had said there is a problem and that you would update this thread with more info 10 days ago, it's not clear to me where you are at in the chain with Adobe.

Ben is up to his eyeballs in this stuff as a member of the LR team.  You can bet the farm that what he says is as close to ground truth as it gets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lancerogers

Your point (if I may paraphrase) that the left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing, is well taken.  I have communicated with customer support, and asked them to please make it clear that we are working on a real fix for this.

Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ben.  I also just got pinged on my Chat ticket again and asked to join another chat.  I'll go answer that.  I've already imported my LR3 catalog to LR4 and rebuilt all my publish collection information by hand.  So, at this point, I'm not looking to convert again, but would think this issue critical to get fixed. I am able to crash LR4 during the Sync process with SmugMug every ~100 photos during the presentation of potential conflicts. Not sure if this is related or not, but I worked my through 10k images 1 at a time until complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I am able to crash LR4 during the Sync process with SmugMug every ~100 photos during the presentation of potential conflicts."

I would say not related.  Please make sure that you are using the latest Smugmug Plugin:

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/121321-lightroom-plugin-update

Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I walked through it with Chat and they agree.  What crashed was ntdll (NT Kernel).  Tech pointed to my driver for Video card, but all drivers on my machine are current and I showed this.  While I have no doubt this is windows kernel crashing, I suspect it has something to do with the conflict resolution panel displaying something the graphic card does not like.  Perhaps it is in the rendering of the NEFs, I don't know. He also suggested I turn off all third party plugins.  Which I can do, but we moved on. I agree, not related to the original catalog conversion problem.  But I hit it while manually rebuilding my published collection data that got lost in the Export/Import workaround.  I can hit it fairly reliably and I only hit with LR using the Sync portion of the plugin....

I also walked through crashing LR3 doing an export with previews on.  Tech grabbed this info and escalated it.  Again, would not be an issue if I had been able to convert the original catalog, so I don't think this is related either, but who knows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saw this out on CNET:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-57406708-264/lightroom-4.1-test-version-adds-canon-5d-mark-iii-sup...

It appears that they have a fix coming in Lightroom 4.1 release candidate

Check out link to see all the update goodness

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been fixed in Lightroom 4.1, which is now available.  To download the 4.1 update, go to the Help menu in Lightroom and choose "Check for Updates".

Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines