• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos wrongly showing as already imported but not in any collections.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fairly new to LRC and not everything is obvious or covered in tutorials. I'm having trouble adding photos to collections, with some photos unable to be imported and the message 'already imported', however the photo does not exist in any collection and in some instances has just been added to the hard drive.  This has also happened when I have exported an edited image from Photoshop, but can't import it into a collection. There must be something obvious I have overlooked or not learned. Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

It sounds like you are trying to import a photo again in order to put it in a collection. That is not how collections work. A collection is like a playlist in Apple Music. You import the song only once, and then you can add it to as many playlists as you want. In Lightroom Classic, all you need to do is drag and drop an image onto a collection to add it to that collection. Smart collections populate themselves, based on criteria. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/photo-collections.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are trying to import a photo again in order to put it in a collection. That is not how collections work. A collection is like a playlist in Apple Music. You import the song only once, and then you can add it to as many playlists as you want. In Lightroom Classic, all you need to do is drag and drop an image onto a collection to add it to that collection. Smart collections populate themselves, based on criteria. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/photo-collections.html

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you - apologies for the slow response. You are correct, that was where I was confused and the process works. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines