Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Photoshop CS6 Camera Raw

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so bear with me here, I understand that Photoshop CS6 is outdated, but for the amount of times I use it in a year, I cannot justify updating to Photoshop Express and paying monthly and locking myself into a contract for the year (I might use it once per year if I am lucky). A few months ago, something happened to the photoshop cs6 that worked just fine until one day it just didn't, it said something about something being missing and I needed to re-install the program. I ended up uninstalling it from my computer and then re-installing it from the disk. Photoshop comes up, but now I can't get Camera Raw to work to open my RAW photos... Version is 7.0.something and from what I gather, I need 7.1 or later. When I download the 10.something from the website, it installs fine, but my photoshop cs6 does not update from 7.0. Please help!! I can't seem to figure out out how update CS6 from the original version on the disk either, Creative Cloud says it is up to date (riiight...)

TOPICS
DNG Converter, macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try using Help>Updates from within photoshop cs6?

Photoshop cs6 can't be updated beyond camera raw 9.1.1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines