Photoshop edits won't save back to Lightroom

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing images in Lightroom using the newest version.  I hit "command E" to open the file in PS (newest version) to do my retouching. Once I am finsihed and go to hit "command S" like I've been doing for years, and photoshop prompts me to "save as" either on my computer or the cloud instead of saving the file as a tiff derivative back to lightroom. This was not the case a week ago and I have not altered my workflow to cause such a change. I have tried resetting prefrences, uninstalling both apps etc. There's always some kind of issue with Adobe so any help on this would be greatly appriceated. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 4.05.36 PM.png

PS: All my images live on a Jarvis Server if that helps

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fairly straight forward. Fairly obvious. That is a new prompt, trying to convince you to save to the cloud instead of saving to your computer. Note that it does not mean save as, it means save where.

Click on the button to tell PS to piss off, "Don't show again", and click "Save on your computer"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And- you can set Default File Location (On your computer) in Preferences:

2022-09-18 08_39_52-Window.jpg

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.5 Photoshop 23.5.1, ACR 14.5, Lightroom 5.5, Lr-iOS 7.0.2, Bridge 12.0.3, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Save time with Adobe Express quick actions