Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pictures available but "empty"

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

when I open Lightroom Classic all my pictures are there but they are just grey. See screenshot.

How can I solve that?

MacOS is up to date as well as LrC.

Thanks

Stefan

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-09 um 20.41.40.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can think of two possibilities:

1: Your previews cache is corrupted. Move 'catalogname previews.lrdata' out of the catalog folder and then start Lightroom. Lightroom should now start to rebuild the previews.

2: This is caused by a corrupted monitor profile. Select a different profile (any profile) in System Settings - Displays to see if that solves it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a third possibility that has struck a few in the past -- "zombie" thumbnails.

3. Click on one of the empty thumbnails. In the Metadata panel, do you see the standard fields like File Name, Dimensions, Camera, etc. or are they all blank?

johnrellis_0-1649541363207.png

If you're not sure, post a full-resolution screenshot of your entire LR window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I thought about that one too, but I never heard of a situation where all images were zombie thumbnails. Usually there are only a few dozen, and the real images do have normal previews.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, nothing what you recommended worked yet.

Yes, the Metadata seems to be filled.

Attached is a screenshot.

Thanks

Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another possibility that's less likely but easy to test: Set Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor to Off and restart LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the Author also posted this in Germain but with a different screenshot at:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/leere-bilder-thumbnails/m-p/12870455#M2...

the screenshot shows a more complete view, and that includes the Folders panel, showing lots of ? marks. 

I have inquired if folders got moved outside of LrC and have included

https://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think these are missing photos for two reasons:

1: None of the photos in the film strip shows the missing photos exclamation mark.

2: Yes, there are missing folders on Macintosh HD, but none of these folders is selected. We cannot see the selected folder, but it seems to be a folder on the My Passport for Mac disk.

To the OP: did you recently upgrade MacOS? In that case, check that Lightroom has the necessary permissions:

catalinasecurity.png

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines