• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pix are in my drive, but LRC will not import them

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run Mac 14.1.2 on an iMac. My photo library is on an external drive.

In the library is a folder called Railroads. In that folder are individual pix, and also sub-folders. Several of the subfolders do not show up in LRC, despite the fact that I have imported Railroads. (Most of the sub-folders DO show up.)

The folders that refuse to show up used to be in a different location; they used to be on the iMac's internal drive. But then I moved them to the external drive. Could this have something to do with why I cannot now get them to show up in LRC on the external drive?

All help will be greatly appreciated.

AFAIK, these subfolders of Railroad are the only folders that are not showing up in LRC. Can anyone think of a fix for this? The folders/pix definitely exist; I can easily navigate to them in Finder, and open them.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the link between the files and the LrC catalog has been broken for the missing images.

If they have already been imported there's no need to re-import them. Re-link them.

Try https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/locate-missing-photos.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several points come to mind.

One point being, if the images were previously in the catalog, then do not import them in again, that would foul up any history of edits.

Another point, something to try, in order to make a subfolder appear, or reappear, is to place a photo in the folder, just copy something to it, then in LrC, import from that folder/subfolder, hopefully making that folder show up in the folders panel.

Then you might, cross fingers, try a sync folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys. I tried those things, got nowhere.

I do, however, very much appreciate your trying to help me with this.

I will just have to remember that those photos do exist, and go get them via Finder when necessary. I'll make myself a Sticky note. I've killed a whole day on this. It ain't worth it. My latest shoot did appear normally, so I expect no issues moving forward with new shoots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folders that refuse to show up used to be in a different location; they used to be on the iMac's internal drive. But then I moved them to the external drive

If you did this in your operating system, this is why they don't show up in LrC. Moving files and folders in your operating system does not cause the files and folders to move in LrC. You have to reconnect the files in LrC, following the link from @John Waller Importing is not a solution and is fact the wrong thing to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I DID IT!!!!!!!! My brain works better in the morning.

Thanks so much, you guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines