Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pixel 3 Import Issue

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Google Pixel 3 phone.

I hook it up to my PC via a USB cable, and set the USB connection mode to File Transfer.

When I click on the "Import" button in Lightroom Classic, I see two photo sources: My PC's hard drive and "Pixel 3 Internal Storage"

When I select the Pixel 3, ALL of the photos in the phone are shown, including things like album covers, facebook photos, etc.

If I select my Hard Drive, I can seleft which directory to search. When I select the Pixel 3, is there a way to specify that I only want Lightroom to search for new photos from the Pixel 3's camera?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the Pixel 3 have removable storage ?

Which Lightroom version are you using thanks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has no removable storage.

I am not at my PC right now, but it should be the latest version of Lightroom CC Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, Pfredd Mudd, I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S9, but since I take about 1 photo every month with that phone, I haven't tried to figure out a better approach. I usually copy the photo(s) to the hard disk, and then import from there, but it sure would be nice if Importing from the phone worked the same as importing from the hard disk. As far as I know, version number of Lightroom Classic is irrelevant, it has happened to me in every version of Lightroom Classic (and prior programs as well) where I have tried it, and so I won't provide that in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PfreddMudd,

That isn't a great user experience as you're facing issues importing images from Pixel 3 into Lightroom, we're sorry to hear about this. Which version of Lightroom are you using?

Could you please show us a screenshot of the Lightroom import window showing how the folder structure of your Pixel device is showing up?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this is a problem with any "import" operation on cell phones regardless of the computer software doing the import.

The easiest thing to do is to use your computer's file browser (Mac Finder or Windows File Explorer) to copy your photos from the phone to the computer's hard drive, then do the Lightroom import using the hard drive as the file source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem, where I will create a local folder and put photos from my day, both from the dSLR and also from my Pixel phone into a folder

When I import the dSLR pix are added to my catalogue, while the photos from my Pixel 4a are not imported. It's extra weird, because I can see them in the "import" window, but the import process doesn't see them, and it finishes the process and they are still not there.

no-photos.JPGon-local-disc.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Upload one of the problem Pixel 4a photos to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link. We can see if the problem happens on other LR installations and suggest possible workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot of the import screen.

You should note that the Pixel 3 button does not have the triangle next to it that allows you to drill down through the file system to select which folder to search.

The Import function is basically useless without the ability to select which folder on the device has the photos that you want to import.

2019-07-28 (1).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Pfredd Mudd​, two of us in this thread have already stated this is known, and we use a workaround. You need to do that as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the workaround.

I was just responding to the request by Akash Sharma to post a screen shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm onyl having this problem on MacOS, seems to be something that Apple broke with PTP in the 11.14 (mojave) release. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8565763?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines