• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playhead doesn't stay on timeline when previewing longer videos

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been going throught my video library and using lightroom to catalog all of my clips. Sometimes, when previewing the videos, the playhead will snap back to the beginning while the video continues to play. Closing the preview window and reopening it doesn't fix this issue. Only closing the application and reopening it will. This is very frustrating because I have to guess where the play head "actually is" to jump around.

Any ideas why this happens or how to fix it? This has been happening for several versions.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom (Lr icon) or Lightroom Classic (LrC icon)? What version number?

What is a "playhead"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 10.4 (can't upgrade until I hack the OS to allow anything beyond Mojave).

The playhead is the little object that travels the timeline showing where you're currently at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble. Since when you're experiencing this issue?

Try resetting the preferences of Lightroom Classic by:  https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Back up your preferences before resetting the preferences by: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure when exactly, but it's been going on for the past few versions.

Also resetting the preferences didn't help.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines