• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plug-in installation problem

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded from Creative Cloud and then installed several Plug-ins but opening Lightroom Classic I can't find them.
Where am I wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Didn't even know they had presets in the creative cloud app but yeah I found a few presets there and hit install on one to test and it indeed does not actually install at all even though it insists you quit Classic first for no good reason. All it does is download the zip file to your downloads folder. You will still have to import the presets from the zip file it downloaded to your downloads folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific plug-ins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example "Lightroom preset for matte black and white portraits
Alexander Wilcke "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not a plugin but a preset. Presets are installed in Lightroom Classic by going into Develop in an image, clicking on the plus next to the presets pane on the left and selecting import presets. The select the zip file (or preset file if it is just one) that the preset came in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

I installed them via Creative Cloud Desktop by clicking on the corresponding icon.
At this point, "installed" appears on the preset window.
Nothing is downloaded to the PC.
Opening LR Cl in the presets column does not appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this baffled me also!

"installed" apparently means that the .ZIP file of presets has been installed IN THE COMPUTER. It does not mean that they have been 'Imported' to Lightroom-Classic.

Check in your default Downloads folder to find the .ZIP file.

You do have to also Import the presets as advised by @Jao vdL 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't even know they had presets in the creative cloud app but yeah I found a few presets there and hit install on one to test and it indeed does not actually install at all even though it insists you quit Classic first for no good reason. All it does is download the zip file to your downloads folder. You will still have to import the presets from the zip file it downloaded to your downloads folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't realize that he had downloaded the .zip files to the download folder.
Now, of course, it works.
Thanks everyone for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember  to click on that  + symbol in presets , manage, and  turn  on the  presets  you want  available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, remember, many presets are for RAW files and you nay need to turn on the option for  partially compatible. fir JPEG to use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my after effect is not reading any pluging

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This forum is discussing 'Presets' in Lightroom-Classic!

Post your question with greater details in the appropriate Community Forum for 'After Effects' here-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/bd-p/after-effects?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=al...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines