• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor lens profiling for Sigma FE 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN A019 - inverted vignette

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lens correction profile for the Sigma 24-70mm overcorrects the vignette at the wider end, it's not as offending in daylight scenarios but in studio or darker lit settings I'll find the corners overcorrected by about a half a stop. 

Is there any way I can change or fix this Profile myself?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't change the profile, but you can change the vignetting slider and then save this as the new lens default.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, that's a part-fix. 

But it only overcompensates at the wide end, so I'll end up having to just do the same work at a different place.
Is there anywhere I can report this, apart from here?

I've resorted now to not using profile correction when shooting on the wide end, but it does put a wrench in the works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded some sample ARW files shot with this lens from the below website and the 24mm vignetting correction looks good. If anything the extreme corners appear slightly under-corrected. If you can upload an ARW file that exhibits the issue to a file sharing site I'll take a look at it.

https://www.dpreview.com/samples/2698334887/sample-gallery-sigma-24-70mm-f2-8-dg-dn-for-sony-e-mount

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RAW isn't supported here, so here's a photo with and without the corrections.  Would you be fine with an iCloud link or dropbox?

2020-12-07-untitled shoot-0207.jpg2020-12-07-untitled shoot-0207-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox is good. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18w1I6hMQnsDbLsas2R9FOqtZqD8qqEjl?usp=sharing

No dropbox, I'm afraid. But here's a Drive link! 🙂
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no access privelages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the ARW file you provided the Lens Profile Vignetting appears over-corrected. The below ARW file shot at the same 24mm focal length and F4 aperture with the same Sony ILCE-7M3 camera exhibits the issue in the lower-left corner.

https://www.dpreview.com/sample-galleries/5115760507/sigma-24-70mm-f2-8-dg-dn-e-mount-sample-gallery...

I suggest creatitng a report of this issue at the Photoshop family feedback forum. Include a link to the report back here. Thank you.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/

Sony 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN Art019 24mm F4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for having a look at it, but in particular providing me with the right avenue of response. 

Hopefully they'll do something about it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines