• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Portfolio Issues

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seriously frustrated beyond belief. I've recently discovered that Adobe Portfolio comes with my plan which is great since I've been wanting to put together an online site with my photos. I have spent hours trying to figure this thing out with no results.

The biggest issue is figuring out how to sync photos from lightroom into my portfolio. I've watched a bunch of videos and yet I must not have the same settings? I keep seeing people click on a folder they made in lightroom, sync it, and then its brought up in there site. I don't seem to have that ability. When I go to add a grid on my gallery page, I see on the side bar where it says connections then under that adobe portfolio, but what's dumfounding me is that I'm seeing photos that are being sycned somehow, from somewhere that I don't want, there not even edited photo there raw files. When I try to delete them it says they will be permently deleted from lightroom, I haven't done this because I don't know if that means I'll loose them from my computer.

I'm considering going with wix if I can't figure this out. I was excited to learn that you can upload right from lightroom without much effort but this seems way too much of headache 😕

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

I suspect your right that I may not have the updated version which I can't upgrade because my mac is an older version. so I have lightroom 9.4 and a Mac OS10 that's a 10.13.6 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It seems you're trying to sync photos from a folder, which is not possible. What you need to do is sync a collection. They do look like folders, so the confusion is understandable, but they are totally different things 😉

So, put the pictures you want to share on Portfolio in a collection, then right click on that collection's name and select Sync with Lightroom. After the pictures have been synced, go back to Portfolio and add them to your page.

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator ([moderator deleted the URL from the signature. Kindly note that URLs in the signature may be considered as spam])

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have under the collection section of light room three collections that I did create. The other options was to make a smart or collection set, am I suppose to use one of those instead? I've only recently started to learn lightroom again so this stuff is all new to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom Classic do you use? I don't remember when the feature was introduced, but if you have an older version such as Lightroom 6, that might explain why you don't see the option to sync.

That said, Smart Collections (based on conditions/filters) cannot be synchronized and neither can Collection Sets (groups of collections).

This might help you:

How to sync Lightroom Classic photos with Lightroom (adobe.com)

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator ([moderator deleted the URL from the signature. Kindly note that URLs in the signature may be considered as spam])

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see an option where it says sync with lightroom when I do right click that's what's hanging me up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the top right corner of Lightroom, there's a cloud icon. Click on it and if there's a Start Syncing button, click that. The Sync with Lightroom option doesn't appear in the Collection dialog etc. until sync is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that cloud in the corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to Help>System Info… and get us the exact installed version number of your software and your operating system version. If you don't have a cloud icon, you're likely on an older version as Michael suggests

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect your right that I may not have the updated version which I can't upgrade because my mac is an older version. so I have lightroom 9.4 and a Mac OS10 that's a 10.13.6 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that is that case then how are some of my photos sycning when I go to add photos to my portfolio gallery there are some showing up. I just don't know where there coming from. *scractches head*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is it I'm afraid. The minimum version for sync changed yesterday due to the new Masking feature in Lightroom 11.0. Existing ones might have synced up previously.

If you can't upgrade your operating system to at least Mojave (which would run 10.4 and sync), then there are other options for getting photos into the cloud, such as exporting and uploading them through https://lightroom.adobe.com. They just wouldn't be connected to your Lightroom Classic catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should have dawned on me I may not have the updated version. I'll probably still use portfolio though since it comes with my plan. I'll just have to do it the way you explained. But thanks for all the help from everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I don't sync collections with Portfolio even though I can because doing so adds hi-res pictures to Portfolio with no option to add a watermark, which bothers me. Though it's a bit annoying, it doesn't take too much time to export the pictures I want (with watermark and not at full-res) and upload them to my Portfolio gallery.

Hope that helps,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please refer to Portfolio Help about Lightroom Integration below:

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036720853-How-the-Lightroom-integration-works

That said, I use Photoshop to prepare web optimized images beforehand (lower bandwidth and file size) from PS Export As panel.

PS-export2x.jpg

I then upload the web optimized versions from Portfolio's editing console.  It takes a little more time & effort but I'm getting the exact results I desire.  Automated features are great when they work. 🙂  But for websites,  I think a manual approach is better.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines