Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Portfolio Reset from Lightroom not working

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening after it had been working fine:

I've created a collection in Lightroom Classic and was syncing it fine into my Portfolio website. Today, however, when I added new photos to the collection and clicked "Reset from Lightroom" in Portfolio, the reset process completed, but the new photos were not added to Portfolio, nor the changed order. It's as if Portfolio doesn't see any changes in the collection.

Perhaps something changed in Portfolio that broke the functionality?

Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,

--Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Reset from LR just worked for me. I edited a collection in LR Classic that was synced to LR and connected to Portfolio. The photos I removed in LR Classic were removed from Portfolio after hitting the "reset from LR" link.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OP posted over 4 months ago and no response from Adobe?

I synced my Lightroom library to my MyPortfolio website yesterday and it worked fine.  Today the desktop manager said I needed to upgrade to the NEW Lightroom, and now I can't sync anymore?  Just says "Oops an error occurred, please try again later"

I've updated both Lightrooms because apparently, I need two now, so there can be a LR for phones or whatever stupid reason there is for me needing to install both LR CC and LR CC Classic.

Fix my sync or what am I paying for web integration for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a user-to-user forum, so no response from Adobe should be expected.

What version of LR do you really want to use? You don't need both, and having both is likely to confuse most people. Uninstall the one you don't want.

Help people to help you. What do you mean by "the desktop manager", what was the exact error message, and when exactly did it occur? Screenshots can be helpful too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how much more information I can add.

The desktop manager is the program that CC installed to manage the apps, it tells you when you need to update.  I've attached a screenshot.

I don't use Lightroom for editing, I use Bridge to navigate and Camera Raw for global updates before bringing them into PS.  I only used LR as an album organizer and because it syncs to my website via the Adobe MyPortfolio website builder.  You add a photo to an album in LR and it appears in the gallery on your website.  At least it used to.

I used LR CC, which apparently is now called LR Classic and the new LR CC is something different.  When my sync didn't work, the desktop manager told me to update LRCC, which I did, and it changed to the new LR CC.  This did not fix my problem, so I installed LR CC Classic, synced all of my LRCC albums to LR CC Classic, and it still doesn't work.

As far as the error message, I can't tell you any more than I already did.  The message says "Oops an error has occurred"

Desktop Manager:

2018-03-04 07_50_56-Creative Cloud.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly when did the message occur? What were you doing, in what program, when it happened?

The CC Application Manager (in your screenshot) shows you have both the new so-called "Lightroom CC" and real Lightroom, "Lightroom Classic". These are separate programs. Lightroom CC has the rounded corner icon and is a new dumbed-down program that is cloud-dependent - it even uploads originals to Adobe's cloud. Lightroom Classic is the program that has been around for years and was previously LRCC2015.x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already explained all of this.  Adobe offers a service called MyPortfolio.  It allows you to build a photographer's website including portfolio based off of the albums in your lightroom library.  When you add a new album or image to LR, it "syncs" to your website.  Except now that there are two LR programs, it doesn't work anymore.

At this point, if you still don't know what I'm talking about, then you obviously don't use the same services that I do, so you can't answer my question.

2018-03-04 08_36_39-Adobe Portfolio _ Build your own personalized website.png

2018-03-04 08_36_55-Adobe Portfolio _ Build your own personalized website.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so you got the error in Adobe Portfolio. Remember, people don't recognise every error message, and the integration is only a few months old so not many LR users have enough experience of Portfolio to develop the kind of intuition that can help.

I have tried the integration before but haven't seen that message when I "reset" or refreshed it. It's an unhelpful, generic message but I wonder if that Portfolio integration is pointing to a collection/album that no longer exists, maybe because you recreated it.

Try creating a new Portfolio gallery pointing at a new collection/album. Does that work? Now in LR, add a couple more photos to it, then go back to Portfolio and reset? Does it work?

UPDATE

I was able to reproduce the error message "Oops! An error occurred while updating your page.  Try again in a few moments. "

In Portfolio I initially integrated a collection/album, then unsynced it in LR, and tried to reset it in Portfolio. So I wouldn't be surprised if you have something like this.

I just wish Adobe would cease using such infantile, uphelpful error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be better off posting this over in the Portfolio forum.

Adobe Portfolio

Or I can move your posts over to that forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My feeling is that this problem neatly straddles the two forums!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this ever start working for you?

I'm getting the same error over the last few days on any platform I try. Mobile, tablet, PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, but I don't get an error message. It says it was successful, but the images I added to the LR collection are not present in Portfolio. Everything was working fine yesterday, but today, NOT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens to me all the time. Sometimes it works sometimes not.

My workaround was to delete the page and recreate it.

A pain in the butt, but it works.

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Portfolio integration with LR Classic is definitely not working reliably. The first import works well, but any changes to the collection done in Lightroom Classic does not sync properly to Portfolio, even though Portfolio says that the "reset from LR" was succesful. Sometimes photos are not imported, sometimes not deleted and sometimes nothing changes. Collections sync fine from LR Classic to LR Web and LR CC, but changes do not sync correctly to Portfolio. I have to rebuild Portfolio sites every time by deleting the old site and importing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Page covers are considered customizations and thus not reset by Lightroom.

See this help article for more details.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036768213-Troubleshooting-Lightroom-albums-in-Adob...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"reset from LR" does not work yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. not fixed yet!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reset from LR just worked for me. I edited a collection in LR Classic that was synced to LR and connected to Portfolio. The photos I removed in LR Classic were removed from Portfolio after hitting the "reset from LR" link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines