Power fail in midst of large export

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I picked a bad time to export every DNG shot with my Pentax *istDS into TIFF format. About a third of the way through the export, the power failed due to the first nor'easter of the year. I got about 2700 of 10K images exported. I am now seeking a way to complete the export without re-doing the entire job.

I thought I was having trouble with the large size of the export, so I divided the source DNG images into three collections, called "first", "second", and "third". Each collection contains around 3500 images. When I display a collection, select all, then export, I see a dialog called Problem Exporting Files which contains a scrollable list of the TIFFs already created. When I choose "SKIP", the dialog dismisses and I see a brief status bar called "Preparing to Export". Then NOTHING.

Am I on the correct path? Is 3500 files at a time still too many? Will I get further if I break down each collection into subcollections? I suppose I could remove the exported TIFFs from disk and start over if I must.

The power outage has really thrown this process off course!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I kinda figured it out. The reason that the following exports did nothing is becasuse the initial export seems to have succeeded, either mostly or completely. The problem is that most of the newly exported TIFF files were not added to the catalog. I have to find them on disk and import them.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines