• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Precise Focus Control on LightRoom Classic while Tethering

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! I've been using LightRoom for the past 5 years and I've recently started shooting tethered through it. Since the majority of my shoots are for small jewelry items, I do a lot of focus bracketing shoots and I care to have a very precise focus control while tethered. From my experience with LR so far, I noticed that it only provides a very limited focus control through the app while shooting tethered. The only way I'm being able to get my precise focuseing is doing it manually the old fashioned way, but that's not helping me save time while tethereing, becuase that's the whole point to begin with. Does anybody know if I can adjust the focus control in a more precise way on LR while shooting tethered? I appreciate your comments and support. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
macOS , SDK , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An alternative workflow to consider: Use a third-party app to tether the camera (e.g. the Nikon or Canon apps) and have them place the photos in a specific folder.  Set up LR's Auto Import to automatically import from that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even Canon's tethering app doesn't have great focus control. Get a geared or motorized focus rail if you do a lot of focus stacking.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/focusing-rails/ci/32955/N/3607616137

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the suggestion. I will take a look to the rails and research on how they work in order to make up my mind. I apprecaite your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines