preserved file name files appearing randomly

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

recently I discovered that the double up images with unusual file names, that were appearing without much of a pattern in my lightroom classic library, are preserved file name files.  My photo library is huge and I really do not need double ups.

I would like to understand why these images are appearing - sometimes beside the original camera image, sometimes in a clump of preserved file name images in no particular order.

I would like to know if there is something I can do to stop this happening.  Why it only happens with some images and not all.  and how to get rid of the double ups efficiently, without accidentally deleting files I need to keep.

Now, I am also discovering a jpeg, beside a pdf, beside a preserved file name.  Either my computer has harbouring a glitch machine or I am doing something to make it happen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the Lightroom Classic forum from Using the Community

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you explain in a bit more detail what you are seeing? The 'Preserved File Name' is a metadata field, that is shown if you have renamed an image. The preserved file name is the original name. Are you saying that you rename files but that they sometimes get duplicated and so you see the renamed file and the same file with its original name?

1 2022-08-05 17-36-17.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines