• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preset renaming and third party presets not working correct

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two issues within Lightroom (macOS 12.4, LR 11.4.1) and try to find an fix, with no succes.

When I rename certain user presets, they will dissapear in the overview of my user preset list within the develop panel. When looking into the preset folder, the preset is moved outside the User Preset folder inside the Settings folder of Lightroom. I rename my preset by right clicking and select 'Rename'. When renaming my user preset, its location should not be changed.

The second issue that I run into is when I upload a preset pack, some of them will appear as my user presets and not in a seperate folder, like all other third party presets. When right click one of these presets and click 'Show in finder' the preset is living in the correct map outside the User preset folder, like other third party presets. 

I hope there is a fix for this so I don't experience this problem again.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Folders on disk are not used anymore for organising presets in Lightroom Classic since version 7.3. Instead, the information where the preset will show in the presets panel is now stored inside the preset itself. There is a plugin that restores the old behavior: 

https://johnrellis.com/lightroom/fixpresets.htm

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines