• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets and Brushes not working in newest version of LR

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the newest version on LR 8.4... and now almost all of my brushes are GONE! I tried to re-install them withouth any luck. I spoke with adobe and they are telling me they are not compatible with the newest version and to downgrade back to 8.3...how does this make sense? The presets i bought in the same package as the brushes are still there...

PLEASE HELP!!! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds the same and yet different from what I am experiencing. My selective tools are all there; no problem. When I go to use the BRUSH TOOL, however, that's where it breaks down. When I look at the masking, everything seems right. That is not the true story though. When I make adjustments, they change the entire image, not just the masked area. Not only that, when I try to walk it back, it won't correct the problem. The changes still show up in the entire image. Only resetting the image gets rid of the problem introduced by the use of the brush tool!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thlayle, An easy mistake to make- it is easy to scroll down the panels on the right side of screen and be looking at the 'Basic' adjustments when the 'Brush' adjustments are in a panel above. ALso it is possible to click the small 'spinner' triangle and reduce the Brush sliders panel down to just one "Amount:" slider giving the impression that the Basic sliders are the Brush sliders.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input. I believe the mistake you are referring to is one I have made before. I would get mixed up about the controls and end up making global adjustments when I was trying to do some local adjustment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Never mind. I see what is going on now. Chalking this up to my mistake, I will say there must be something different about the user interface because I have never gotten this confused/misled when trying to use the brush tool since my first days at trying out LR, about five years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP! I installed some preset brushes that Ive purchased, reset LR and still the only brushes that show up are the original adobe ones. How do I get my brushes to show and use? ( to install I copied and pasted the files into the local adjustment presets, saved it then rebooted LR.) They are still not showing up in the pull down menu. I am so confused!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

holungar, So you purchased Brush Presets.

These would need to be of the  .lrtemplate filetype.

In a Windows system your user Brushes (and purchased) would be found in a folder like-

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Local Adjustment Presets

If you have the Brush preset files simply copy and paste them into this folder. Do not use sub-folders as Lightroom will only recognize files in the Local Adjustment Presets folder.

Brushes changed from v8.3 to 8.4? rubbish! I do not know what adobe is suggesting here!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed all the steps and they are still not showing up in the drop down menu. No one seems to know. šŸ˜ž

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First question @Max25123985savm  -

Lightroom  or Lightroom Classic?

Is the icon for your App a [Lr] or [LrC]

Then- what Version Number?

What is your Operating system? and Version Number?

What Folder are you saving the .lrtemplate files in? What do you mean by "saved it" after the Copy&Paste?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also attach a copy of one of the Brush Preset template files to a reply so that I could test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines