• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets in LR CC but now showing in LR Classic

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently re-imaged Windows and keep all my pictures and files on a seperate drive. After reinstalling Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic my backup catalogue wouldn't open. I synced my catalogue over the cloud and which worked I think. Lightroom CC has all of my presets but when I navigate to the folder location under my USER folder it's empty. Lightroom classic is also not syncing any presets which is the main issue. Is there a way to recover these somehow? I've probably got like 300 presets. Thanks!!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry for the trouble with Lightroom. We're here to help.

Lightroom & Lightroom Classic Sync images & other details back & forth; however, presets are not synced.

When you launch Lightroom first time on a machine where you already have the presets in Lightroom Classic, your presets are carried to Adobe Lightroom & the cloud. (https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/sync-faq.html)

Adobe Lightroom does not store presets & other data in its storage, whereas Lightroom Classic & Camera save the presets in a shared location (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings) unless specified differently.

If you have the original preset files, you can import them into Lightroom Classic again.

Now, it will take some extra effort if you don't have the presets on your computer.

1. You can right-click on each of the presets in Adobe Lightroom's presets panel & select Export Preset.
    Or
  2. You can apply all the presets to images & let them sync to Lightroom Classic & in Lightroom Classic, select the image & create new presets based on the applied settings.

Both of the methods might require patience & manual effort. We hope you understand.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines