• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets not appearing

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My presets are not appearing. They are .xmp files I pushed the arrow by presets and imported them. The group name appears but the arrow will not drop down to let me access the presets inside. When I go to import them again it says they are already imported. I checked under preferences and they show up there. I have "show partially compatible develop presets checked." I have restarted Lightroom. I am running Lightroom 11.3. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They may be referencing a camera or creative profile that you haven't also imported.  Open one of the .xmp files in Textedit and copy/paste the entire contents here, and we can verify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is one of the presets. i still have not been able to get it working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

That is a vanilla develop preset that sets a bunch of Basic sliders and sets Profile to Adobe Portrait.  When the option Show Partially Compatible Develop Presets is checked, the preset will appear italicized in the Presets panel when you're editing a photo that doesn't support Adobe Portrait (e.g. JPEGs or DNGs from cameras that Adobe hasn't profiled):

johnrellis_0-1652895521364.png

When that option isn't checked, both the preset and the group are hidden.  Next troubleshooting steps:

1. Do Preferences > Preferences and triple-check that Show Partially Compatible Develop Presets is checked.

2. In Develop, click the + dropdown menu in the upper-right corner of the Presets panel, do Manage Presets, and triple-check that the group Fox Presets is checked.

3. If you still don't see Kettu appearing in the Presets panel, try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

4. If that doesn't help, in Develop type "i" until you see the camera model appear in the info overlay in the upper-left of image.  Post a full-resolution screenshot of the entire LR window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines