• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Hovering over a preset previews it but clicking on it doesn't apply it

LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To date, there have been over a dozen reports of the following: When the user hovers the mouse over a preset in the Presets panel, the preset is correctly previewed in both the Navigator and Loupe (main) views. But when the user clicks on the preset to apply it, it doesn't get applied to the photo, and moving the mouse away restores the photo's previous appearance.

For most of these reports, resetting preferences fixes the problem.  

These previous reports will be merged here to make it easier for users with this problem to find the authoritative thread.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

"The presets are displayed but the picture does not change."

Do you mean that when you click on a preset in the Presets panel, no change is made to the main image?  If that's what's happening, then try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Many people with these particular symptoms have fixed the problem by resetting preferences. LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich kann die lightroom presets nicht angewenden.

Die Presets werden als Vorschau angezeigt. Wenn ich aber auf ein Preset drauf klicke werden die Einstellungen nicht auf das Bild übertragen. Es passiert nichts.

Habe die Aktuelle Verion von Lightroom Classics instaliert.

Bräuchte dringend Hilfe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google translation: "Lightroom presets cannot be applied. I can't use the lightroom presets. The presets are displayed as a preview. However, when I click on a preset, the settings are not transferred to the image. Nothing happens."

This is often caused by a corrupted LR preferences file. Try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

in Lightroom Classic (latest version) I have a folder with some bougth development presets. When I hover over the preset-names I can watch the picture on the screen changing accordingly. But - when I cklick on some of the presets (not all) the picture changes accordingly, but as soon as I move the mouse away from the picture the development settings are obviously not accepted and the preview shows a different look.
Hope this is understandable... What can I do please? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be tripping over an old bug that hasn't been fixed. To verify this:

1. Does the problem occur with raws or with non-raws (e.g. JPEGs)?  

2. Edit a sample JPEG or TIFF in Develop.

3. Click Reset in the lower-right.

4. Apply the problem preset.  Are the Temp and Tint sliders something other than 0?

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The problem occurs with RAWs and JPGs

2. done

3. done, resets ok

4. Temp and Tint sliders are at Zero

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Temp/Tint isn't changed by the preset and the bug occurs with JPEGs, you're definitely not experiencing this bug:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-preset-hover-previe...

Some troubleshooting steps:

1. Try disabling the GPU by setting the option Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor to Off.  Restart LR. Not likely the cause of the issue but it takes 30 seconds to rule it out.

2. Purge the Camera Raw cache by doing Preferences > Performance > Camera Raw Cache Settings > Purge Cache.

3. Try resetting LR's preferences: 

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior -- you never know which problems it might resolve. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.  

4. If those don't help, post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/send-bug-report-feature-request-adobe/

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Upload one of the problem presets and a photo that shows its misbehavior to Dropbox or similar, and include the sharing link.  That will help Adobe reproduce the problem (if they can't reproduce it, it's unlikely they'll pay attention).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, thank you so much for looking into this! Steps 1. to 3. did not solve the problem. For the measures in step 4. I simply do not have time, keeping in mind that Adobe only looks into it when they are able to reproduce the behaviour... also I do not want to apply for a software testers job ... Thanks again for zour help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out? I've been having this problem for months. I've even bought a brand new laptop and reinstalled LRC. Today I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it still won't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Alex Grace3055224276ko, for most people with these symptoms, resetting preferences fixes it:

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

depuis quelques jours mes presets ne fonctionnent plus!
Dans le module développement, lorsque je déplace le curseur dans ma liste des presets, la photo se modifie. Si je déplace le curseur vers le centre de l'écran, même en ayant choisi un preset (enter sur le nom) la photo revient à sa version originale, les réglages du preset ne sont pas appliqués.
Tips bienvenues.

Merci

Joao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google translation: "Lightroom Classic, problem with my presets. for a few days my presets no longer work! In the development module, when I move the cursor in my list of presets, the photo changes. If I move the cursor towards the center of the screen, even having chosen a preset (enter on the name) the photo returns to its original version, the preset settings are not applied."

This problem has struck many people, and most have solved it by resetting LR's preferences:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

ich habe folgendes Problem:
Wenn ich im Entwickeln-Modul auf ein Preset klicke, wird mir nur die Vorschau im Navigator und Hauptfenster angezeigt. Die Einstellungen werden nach dem Klick nicht übernommen.
Wenn ich über Ad-hoc Entwicklung ein Preset wähle, funktioniert es.

Ich nutze LR 11.4. und einen MacBook Pro M1 mit Monterey 12.4

Ich habe bereits LR deinstalliert, eine ältere Version draufgespielt, neu geupdatet - ohner Erfolg!
Ich habe andere und neue Kataloge ausprobiert - auch ohne Erfolg.

Kann mir bitte jemand helfen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google translation: "Hallo, I have the following problem: When I click on a preset in the Develop module, I only see the preview in the Navigator and Main Window. The settings are not applied after the click. When I choose a preset via ad hoc development, it works. I use LR 11.4. and a MacBook Pro M1 with Monterey 12.4. I have already uninstalled LR, played an older version on it, updated it again - without success! I have tried other and new catalogs - also without success. Can someone help me please?"

First steps:

- Restarting your computer.

Try resetting LR's preferences:

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior, including problems with apply presets. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! that was the solution . now everything works again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it resolved. It's too bad that LR still doesn't have a reliable preferences mechanism after all these years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I updated Lightroom Classic to 12.0.1 and now my presets show up but I cannot apply them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will add, I did go in and manually reset lightroom preferences but it made no difference.  Also, Adobe, please put the button back in the presets preferences panel that allows you to do this more easily! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bsshank 

Since your question is about Lightroom Classic, I have moved this from the Photoshop forum where you posted.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry and thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screen shot of the Presets panel? Use the image icon in the editor to embed the photo rather than attaching it. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines