• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview window in develop mode frozen. what the heck? Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at my attached photo for details.

First time launching lightroom classic, the crop tool works as intended and you can see a live preview as you are dragging/moving the crop tool. As soon as you click, "ok" and try to do it again, the preview window is basically frozen. No live preview. Any actions you do will be shown on the top left window, but not on the main preview window. any ideas? Very hard to work this way.

I updated to latest version and it began doing this. uninstalled/installed. No luck. Restart computer, no luck. Tried it with several other catalogs and same thing.  Man, I just used it before the update and everything worked fine..

So basically, LR becomes useless.

Running on

AMD Ryzen 2700X

Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB

32GB RAM

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And one more thing.. ALL actions you do will only show on the top left preview window..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for kicks, i disabled the graphic acceleration and it seem to solved the issued.  That's strange. Never had this issue with graphic acceleration on before. Will see if this really solved my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update your graphics driver by going directly to the manufacturer's web site and doing a clean uninstall/reinstall, rather than relying on Windows update:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html#solution-4

LR pushes the limits on graphics processors and often triggers bugs in the drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines