Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previews and SSD space

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all.

I'm looking to reclaim to reclaim space on my 256 SSD and note that my previews folder reads at 62.3gb, but is listed at only 26gb in "edit, catalog settings"

Are these two numbers meant to match and if so, how do I get there?

TIA.  Matt

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The size listed in the catalog settings is not for the previews, but for the catalog file (.lrcat), so they will not match.

Is your catalog really 26 GB?

You can delete the previews (Previews.lrdata) anytime, but they will be recreated as needed when you browse folders in Library. 

To save some space, you can delete all 1:1 previews, by selecting All Photographs in the catalog panel, then select all the thumbnails, and go to Library > Previews > Discard 1:1 previews.

But the real solution here is to get a bigger SSD, at least 512 GB. 1 TB would be ideal.

You can also move the Lightroom folder to a different drive, but if it's a spinning drive, there will be some performance loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines