Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previews disappeared

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

To start, I'm a wedding photographer and my hard drive crashed. There is no backup. Please spare me the replies of how stupid this is... I've already beat myself about this for days. 
My saving grace was I had uploaded all of my galleries to Lightroom Classic already and I was seeing the previews there. I found an article on Adobe that says I'm able to export the previews, but they may not be full res as they're just previews. Totally fine. I wanted a back up as I'm trying to repair my hard drive. 

When I went into Lightroom to extract the previews (Lightroom, preferences, presets, show all other Lightroom presets... go to folder SCRIPTS, ensure that is present at the top of your screen (see pic attached... it's the scroll next to HELP) 

then I click on the scroll/scrips icon, click extract previews and it should bounce the photo out. 

It worked! However, I went to upload another catalog and then I went back to the one I was extracting from (I regret this with all of my soul) they were all greyed out. (See pic attached) 

im hoping someone in the world has dealt with this before and has an option for me to retrieve these again. 

keeping in mind I do NOT have the originals. 

many help would be MUCH appreciated! Thank you!! 

A147F863-115E-4A40-9FEE-2CD53FEA71F1.jpeg

 

05147633-2BF4-4785-BBD8-0DE1632FE9CB.jpeg

 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look, using your operating system, in the folder that you asked for the previews to be stored in? They should be in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the authors display profile corrupt?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me how I would see if this is corrupted? By authors display profile, are you meaning the metadata tab? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me how I would see if this is corrupted? By authors display profile, are you meaning the metadata tab? 

By @Nicole26988752cas7

Honestly, I don't think that is the problem. As I said, you probably need to look, using your operating system, in the folder where you said the previews should be stored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they're not there. Everytime I go to open the previews folder (Lightroom Catalog 10.34.24 PM-v12 Previews.lrdata) it takes me to Adobe Lightroom Photoshop. Not sure why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they're not there. Everytime I go to open the previews folder (Lightroom Catalog 10.34.24 PM-v12 Previews.lrdata) it takes me to Adobe Lightroom Photoshop. Not sure why?

By @Nicole26988752cas7

I don't mean Previews.LRDATA. I mean that you have to look in the folder that was created (that you gave a name for) to store the previews by ExtractPreviews.lua. See item 8 of the instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I'm not being clear. I have NOT extracted the full gallery of previews. I only attempted it on one image. 
so I do not have a folder with the previews in it. I'm trying to get the previews back in Lightroom to do so. 

please let me know if this is making sense. I'm horrible at explaining these things because the terminology is difficult for me. I appreciate your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines