Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Previews not showing up while in the import screen (CR2 files on mac)

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So,

Ive had this issue a few times recently and it just started happening. 

When I import photos that Ive shot with my 135mm lens (not sure why that would matter, but it seems to only happen with the SD card that was in my 5DMK4 with the 135mm on it) only about a quarter of the image previews show up and when I try to preview just one file Lightroom crashes. 

This is seriously distressing as im a working photographer with deadlines and need to edit quickly. 

The files are not corrupted to the best of my knowledge becuase they appear fine when I view them in my camera. 

Could this be a catalog issue? 

or is this a software issue related to running lightroom on the M1 mac chip?

I have recently moved the location of my catalog from my external to my Mac minis internal SSD. 

Ive tried simply restarting lightroom and that doesnt work either. 

Any help with this matter would be very helpful. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of other member issues have indicated their may be some problems with some lens profiles, although these are on newer mirrorless cameras like the Canon EOS R.

I do not know the path, but if you locate the 135mm lens profile, try moving it somewheres else as a test, so that it cannot be applied.

not your camera, but some postings that indicate a possible bug:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/bug-in-lens-profile-sony-tamron-28-75mm-f-2-8-di-ii...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/dziwna-quot-otoczka-quot-wokół-importowanych-zdjęć/...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are not corrupted to the best of my knowledge becuase they appear fine when I view them in my camera. 

Those images would be the embedded JPEG file, not the RAW data.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It could be a hardware problem with the card. The camera shows the small JPEG previews embedded inside the raws, and typically hardware problems are less likely to affect these JPEG previews than the raw data.

Try copying the problem files from the card to a folder on your desktop and then import the files into LR from there. Do you still encounter problems? 

If so, upload one of the problem raws to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here. That will let us determine whether the raw photo is corrupted or the issue is specific to your LR configuration.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines