• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print alignment issues with large format print

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do large format high quality photo and canvas printing. Today I experienced something that after a lot of troubleshooting I narrowed down to Lightroom Classic.  The problem is however only with a large print (1.7m wide by 1.1m high). Half of the print had what appeared to be a printhead alignment issue (see attached photos).  These misalignments are in the same orientation as the movement of the printhead.

I proceeded to do a printhead alignment, and printed a portion of the photo I noticed the issues on previously.

The test print printed without problems. I proceeded to print the full image again, same problem appeared.  Again only on half of the image.  The original digital file does not have the alignment issues seen when printing.  I recreated the digital file for printing from scratch, but the same problem persists. I proceeded to do more test prints, all of which are selections of the large digital file, all printing without issues.

I downloaded and used Canon's Print Studio Pro opened as a plug-in from Ligthroom Classic and printed the same digital file without issues.

I have been printing from Lightroom for a couple of years now without issue.  This problem is also not currently showing up in smaller prints, and seems to be only for large prints.  I have printed larger prints in the past without issue.  I'm wondering if it is maybe related to this version of Lightroom Classic.

Anyone else experiencing this or have any thoughts on what can cause this?

Regards,
Jacques 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are LrC and Canon's Print Studio Pro using the same icc profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, exact same ICC profiles.

The test print that printed without issues from LRC also printed with the same ICC profile.

I've also been suing the same profiles for years and on smaller prints without issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines