Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Print color management issue

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been printing from LR Classic 12.0 to my Epson SureColor P5000 for years but recently my prints are off-color. They are lacking red. Even had a custom ICM profile made for my ink & paper (Moab Coton Rag Bright 300) (charts printed with the Adobe Color Printer Utility). All settings are correct (no color management etc) and verified by the ICM profile maker (https://www.kleurprofiel.com/).

Only when I print with Qimage (also with this new ICM profile) the color is a perfect match with my Eizo self-calibrating monitor (CG277). Both LR/Photoshop and Qimage use the Epson printer driver.

MacPro (late 2013) 3.7GHz Quad-Core Xeon E5 with 32GB ram and AMD FirePro D300 graphics card running macOS Monterey 12.6

See iphone photo of the 2 forensic drawings, left is LR, right is Qimage. All the same settings.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody??

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should always test output using good color reference images designed for that task. The color reference images RGB values are such that they are set for output and are editing and display agnostic. Test the output this way and examine for the same color issues so we know it's not your image-specific issues causing the problems:
http://www.digitaldog.net/files/2014PrinterTestFileFlat.tif.zip

Start from scratch in LR and create a new user Print Template with every possible setting (for print driver and within LR's module), and try again. When printing with an Epson, always have the driver itself set for Presets: Default Settings, NOT one you created and can use in Photoshop! ALL settings are stored in a template in LR; they all have to be correct, meaning everything you can configure in the print driver outside a saved preset there:

EpsonDropdownPreset

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some MACOS users have occasional issues with printing. Oddly, while the Apple does not support customers updating most drivers, GPU drivers for example, they do allow for updating printer drivers, of course this is an external device, so the situation is different.

This is fortunate, as those print drivers go kaput from time to time.

Now this might have nothing to do with your problem, but have you tried reinstalling the printer? That would reinstall a driver.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines