Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printer Profile Canon SELPHY 1500

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am trying to print from Lightroom Classic straight to a printer.  I bought a Canon SELPHY 1500.  When I plug the printer in, Lightroom does not load the paper size correctly.  It only offers Japanese Post Card, Credit Card, and Metric Photo L.

John27442640e0zr_0-1670262797263.png

John27442640e0zr_1-1670262815133.png

It will not print a proper 4X6, like intended for the printer.  It won't even let me create a custom size.

What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So from your test, this sounds like nothing to do with a profile but rather a page size and setup. 

Is there another command or option for either Page Setup or Custom page size in that printer driver? 

Try: https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART180917#page_layout

LR doesn't load anything in terms of this print driver so you need to be viewing the options for the driver from Canon etc.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably already figured this out but my Selphy prints best using these lightroom settings. Zoom to fill is checked and all the margins at 0 except for the bottom at 0.01 in( portrait mode with height at 5.50 and width at 3.70 or if in lanscape it would change to 0.01 for the rightand height at 5.50 and width at 3.70. Then in the advance printer properties turn borderless printing on and scaling to none.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get 4x6 if I use Japanese postcard. Maybe this will work. I however get borders around my image on the Selphy and I want to print borderless. Unsure how to get this to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also need to see how you've setup the page size and all other attributes in the Print Module template. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also get borders - quite big ones that don't appear to relate to the settings in the print module.

I have selected to 'print borderless' in the advanced section of the Printer dialogue.  This does appear to then properly zoom to fit the entire postcard.

However - I have not yet managed to print with just a normal thin boarder - under my control.  Seems a bit random.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose Japanese post card - which is strictly 100mmx148mm or very roughly 4x6 inches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines