• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

printing with LRC v11.4.1 on Canon Pixma Pro 100 shows washed out colors

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colors are washed out / faded compared to print preview. Exporting the same image and printing with Photoshop (v 23.4.2) looks good, much closer to print preview. In PS I set "Let Photoshop manage colors".  I don't know how to do that in LRC.  In both cases I used the same print profile. My print cartridges all have a good amount of ink. One week ago I was printing with no problems with LRC. Nothing changed in print settings since then. I don't know when LRC was last updated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to do that in LRC

By @paulp83015864

There are two paths: Application Manages Color or Printer Manages Color. In Lightroom Classic, in the Print Module, you select "Color Management" and a printer profile which you may need to add to the list (only two profiles shown below) and select that correct printer profile as you did in Photoshop:

CMS.jpg

So NOT what is seen above, a check box next to Managed by Printer but the Epson profile as one example. 

The Print Preview isn't color-managed for the output! Do not expect to see a match in the Print Module but instead, in Develop when soft proofing with the print profile (type S key, select profile as you would in the Print module). 

As for further testing: You should always test output using good color reference images designed for that task. The color reference images' RGB values are such that they are set for output and are editing and display agnostic. Test the output this way and examine for the same color issues so we know it's not your image-specific issues causing the problems:
http://www.digitaldog.net/files/2014PrinterTestFileFlat.tif.zip

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, about every time I do an update to MacOS than Lightroom Classic looses its proper connection to the profiles even thought they show to choose a profile.  I just uninstall and reinstall the Canon Pro 100 printer and then it works fine.  I haven't been able to resolve this so just automatically do the uninstall/reinstall.  I use a different test print @TheDigitalDog  provided awaile back to check if the print link is messed up and if so reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bob Somrak wrote:

For me, about every time I do an update to MacOS than Lightroom Classic looses its proper connection to the profiles even thought they show to choose a profile. 

I've never had such an issue on my Macs odd that you do. All or only Canon's profiles? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@TheDigitalDog Yes, its an odd and fustrating issue.  I print mostly to Canon Pro Luster and Pro Platinum but do have 2 Red River profiles I don't use much and havent checked on the Red River.  I had this issue sort of solved awhile back by using this solution by Conrad Chavez 

https://blog.conradchavez.com/2020/11/22/printer-profiles-missing-on-macos-a-permanent-solution/

but unfortunately it doesn't work anymore with Monterey.    I would investigate it more but I will be getting a new Mac when they release the one I want so will see if the issue resolves itself.  I never use Migrate to a new computer but just fresh install and resetup my Applications to avoid any leftover trash so it might work then.  I will update you.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines