Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem after update?

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem after the last uddate and not sure how to get back to how things were.

Every time I load Lightroom now I get a 'Lightroom Classic Catalog Upgrade' box that comes up first,so I have clicked on the upgrade button and it loads.

Yesterday I imported a bunch of photos from a photoshoot and commenced working on them as usual.The RAW files are on my PC's D drive and I save the jpeg edits to my E drive.

What I am finding now is that when I shut down after completing the backup,next time I load Lightroom I still get the upograde box coming up before it loads,and once loaded all the photos that I imported and worked on have disappeared,so I have to import them all over again.

Would appreciate any simple advice on how to rectify this.

Regards

Ged

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the General tab of Preferences, are you set to open a particular catalog vs the most recent catalog? 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SeanMcCormack  is correct. In the preferences you have set your old (version 10) catalog as the one to open. That means that Lightroom opens that old catalog each time, and needs to upgrade it each time. So you are creating upgraded copies all the time, which also means that each newly upgraded copy does not contain the new images and new edits of the previous one.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SeanMcCormack @JohanElzenga 

Hi guys,

Thank you for your help in this

I have been to the preferences tab as you suggested and it was set to open the most recent catalogue,in this case that would be version v10-v11-11.

When I attempt to open Lightroom now I always get the 'Upgrade' box come up first .....and it wants to upgrade to version v10-v11-12.

If I do this it opens an earlier catalogue with the current work removed.So, the only work around is to to use the other option in the 'upgrade' box to open a different catalogue and reopen v10-v11-11 in which case everything is intact.

Is there a reason why I am constantly getting the upgrade box when opening....this never used to happen.

Ged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, if I understand you correctly, you get that upgrade dialog but if you reopen the same catalog it works fine? If that is the case, try resetting your preferences, because that is obviously not how it should work. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

By the way: did you ever realise that you can rename the catalog when it is upgraded? That is to avoid getting those silly names like "Catalog V10-V11-V12"...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines