• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem: Auto Import to a Collection

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest version of LR Classic, Windows 10 Pro:  EDIT > AUTO IMPORT > AUTO IMPORT SETTINGS.  Check box “Enable Auto Import.”   Provided a “Destination.”    Check box “Add to Collection”  Highlight name of existing collection.  Click OK.

If I then immediately go back to the “Auto Import Settings” dialogue box, the “Add to Collection” has become UNchecked.  The files DO automatically import from the watch folder, but they do NOT go into the designated collection.  The “Add to Collection” box will not stay checked.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I tested this in my LR 10 on both Windows and Mac. I too observed tht Add To Collection doesn't stay checked when you come back into Auto Import Settings.

However, when I check it and then click OK to exit the Auto Import Settings, it works correctly -- auto-imported photos do get moved to the selected collection. 

I suggest you post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/send-bug-report-feature-request-adobe/

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not to follow the links.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m afraid my results are not the same as yours.  The images Do come into LR from the Watch Folder, but they do NOT go into a Collection.  I thought the problem might be because the selected Collection was part of a Collection Set, but that doesn’t seem to matter.

In the Auto Import Settings dialogue box, the “Add To Collection” box is checked, and the desired Collection is highlighted, but the Auto Imported photo does NOT get there.  And as initially reported, the “Add To Collection “ check box becomes unchecked the next time I access the “Auto Import Settings” dialogue box.

I have tried making a new TARGETED collection;  still doesn’t work.  No matter what I try, I cannot get an auto imported photo to go into a collection.

But now the plot thickens.  This problem occurs on my desktop computer (a new Dell six months old). I have the same catalog on a PC laptop.  Auto Import into a Collection WORKS FINE  on the laptop.  So, what the heck is going on with the desktop version????  Is it cursed?  Does it have a bad Zodiac sign?

The issue with the “Add to a Collection” box becoming unchecked also occurs with the laptop, but as you suggest, it’s a bug that does not affect the function.  I will report the bug to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CALL OFF THE FIRE DEPARTMENT.  I uninstalled Lightroom, then reinstalled it.  Everything now works correctly (except the minor bug fix).  Go figure!

Thanks for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too had the same problem until I realized that the syncing in Lightroom was paused. I unpaused syncing and put a photo into the watch folder and now it works, but whenever I go back into the auto import settings it's like I never selected the "import to collection" check box or picked a collection eventhough it works with the last folder I selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines