• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Export dimension file

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i export files on Lightroom Classic, i select dimension of file of 2048x1200 pixel but but exported files have a different dimension. how can i fix this problem? 

Valentina21942282mg0n_0-1677264679250.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First you have to crop the image to an aspect ratio of exactly 2048x1200, then the export will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are right! The problem was that. Thank you very much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you don't want to crop to a specific aspect ratio, change the Image Sizing option from "Dimensions" to "Long Edge" or "Short Edge", then set the approprate value that you want.

Be aware the LrC will never compress an image during export in order to fit within a different aspect ratio, you would have to crop to that different aspect ratio first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, I don't think this will work. I will have to try it myself when I get home, but I am skeptical. If the image is 2048x1500 and you export with "Long Edge" set to 2048, LrC will not give you 1200 on the short edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Paige, I obviously wasn't clear. What I meant was that, if the OP doesn't want to crop, all they can do is set either the Long Edge or the Short Edge, and then LrC will set the other edge as appropriate to the existing aspect ratio. I was basically saying decide which of the two sizes they wanted, 2048 OR 1200, setting the long or short edge as appropriate, and the other edge will be whatever it needs to be relative to the current aspect ratio.

I certainly wasn't trying to suggest that we could manipulate the aspect ratio during export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, got it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines