Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem: exporting from Lightroom

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 12.0.1 – Windows 10

I export images from Lightroom with a watermark.

The intention is to export the images without changing the original file name.

When the file names contain sentences ending with a dot - the dot is not included in the name of the processed image.

I need the complete original name of the image after the export - including the dot at the end of the name (this is critical and involves many images).

How can I overcome the problem?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dots should be avoided in file names, especially at the end, because the dot is used as a separator between file name and extension. So I'm not surprised that Lightroom doesn't include the dot, it saves you from getting into trouble later, image viewers and web browsers might refuse to display the image.

Consider naming your files in a different way, with a different character at the end, like a dash.

You can easily bulk rename files with a utility like ReNamer , which can for instance replace the last character in file names with a different character.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines