• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem importing photos from memory card

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly a problem when there wasn't one before. When I press "import" it asks for a source instead of automatically allowing me to check my memory card photos. And I don't see a source. How do I get back to automatic import?

Help! 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the version number of Lightroom that you are using?

Can you post a screenshot of the Import dialog? Also have you verified that the memory card is showing in Finder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have Lightroom Classic, CC. I use Ventura 13.0.1 operating system. Earlier in the day I had no problem loading photos in to lightroom from a memory card, so I must have unintentionally hit something I didn't mean to. Suddenly when I hit import, it asks what is the source instead of showing the No Name memory card, and there is nothing to click on for source. Laurie

IMG_9413.JPG

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In between the two imports, did you remove and reinsert the memory card? During an import from card there is an option (usually enabled by default) to eject the card after the import (the card is not physically removed however, but it is dismounted from the file system, so if you then try to do another import from the same card then LrC cannot locate the card unless you first remount it). Which is why I asked if the memory card was showing in Finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did indeed remove and reinsert the memory card. It doesn't seem to be in finder, so what can I do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try rebooting the Mac, it may be there's an issue with whatever device you are using to load the memory card. It may even be the card itself, so a bit of trial and error is needed to pin down the problem. But start with that reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software are you using? What version NUMBER?

What operating system are you using? What version NUMBER?

We need version NUMBERs and not words like "latest" or "up-to-date"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom CC, subscription. operating system is Ventura 13.0.1. But note no problem at all all day until suddenly there was. I think I must have hit something unintentionally that changed something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom CC, subscription.

By @Laurie5CE9

No you don't....there is no longer any app called "Lightroom CC", that name (which was actually last used for the cloud version of Lightroom) was discontinued several years ago. From your screenshot it's clear that you are using Lightroom Classic version 12.x, but we always ask for the actual version number because each new update will include bug fixes and might also introduce new bugs which may be a factor in your report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom CC, subscription. operating system is Ventura 13.0.1. But note no problem at all all day until suddenly there was. I think I must have hit something unintentionally that changed something.

By @Laurie5CE9

The version NUMBER was specifically requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines