Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem syncing between Lightroom Classic and Creative Cloud and vice versa

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 16.30.55.png

 Hi. Please see the screenshot above of the number of total photos and synced photos on my iMac, where I'm running LrC. Ignore the Missing Photos bit as I know how to resolve that issue.

I use Creative Cloud, Lightroom Mobile and Lughroom (the latter on my MacBook).

I upload new photos always now to Lightroom on the MacBook, although that hasn't always been the case. Everything apart from LrC has the same number of photos on it (25,742). However, it is clear that there are some photos that have not been downloaded to LrC from Lighroom/Cloud/Mobile, and also some that are on LrC that have not been uploaded to Creative Cloud and therefore my other devices.

I uploaded a bunch of new photos to Lightroom on the MacBook yesterday. They also appear on the web and Mobile, but haven't downloaded to LrC on the iMac. Equally, there are a bunch of photos on the iMac which haven't uploaded to the web and the other devices.

Can anyone please advise on how I resolve this please?

Thanks. Simon

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom and Lightroom Classic do not work together. Images uploaded to Lightroom (cloud) will not download to Lightroom Classic. You would have to download the images to your local (or external hard drive) and then import them into Lightroom Classic. If you import images into Lightroom Classic they will only appear in the Lightroom cloud ecosystem if you create a synced collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. However, what you say has not been my experience. The 2 have worked perfectly well together apart from this last 1k or so photos in the last couple of months. "Normally", any images I have loaded onto Lightroom have syced with Creative Cloud and then downloaded to LrC on my iMac perfectly. And also vice-versa upwards from my iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might get some clues to the 1k of photos not synced if you-

1) In Lr-Classic: Choose the "All Synced Photographs" list

2) Select all images [Ctrl+A]

3) Choose the "All Photographs" list.

4) Invert the selection  {Menu: Edit > Invert Selection}

5) Create a  Collection of the Selected Photos. ie. A collection of the 'difference' in the two lists.

@cmgap I might correct your statement that is wrong-

"Images uploaded to Lightroom (cloud) will not download to Lightroom Classic. You would have to download the images to your local (or external hard drive) and then import them into Lightroom Classic."

If you turn on 'Sync' in Lr-Classic it WILL automatically download ALL files from the Cloud to the Classic catalog. NO manual download or 'importing' of files is required whatsoever. The local folder for the automatic download is set in preferences/Lightroom Sync/Location.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the correction Rob. I wonder if completely signing out and then back in and leaving both the mobile device plugged in and open as well as Lightroom Classic if sync will clear. Also wondering if the Local Activity in the cloud icon in the upper right corner of LrC is showing that sync is active?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I agree with both those points!

I think the OP @Simon219275665djz is expecting too much of the 'sync' process, syncing 'everythoing' with Lr-Classic.

As you say- "Lightroom and Lightroom Classic do not work together." is basically true. Classic was never designed to sync with the Cloud.

And to be considered that video files in the Cloud do not sync. (Are HEIC files considered to be 'images' or 'videos'?? I am a learner also!)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Photographs- 25942                 That represents all the image files in your Lightroom Classic stored on your computer system, including original          images that have been synced down to LrC from Lr desktop and your mobile devices.

All Synced Photographs- 24753    That represents image files that have been synced from Lightroom Classic, Specific Collections which have been          select to sync, or images that you may have added directly to the All Synced Photographs, and also the images synced from the cloud ecosystem. (to clarify, this figure represents all image file in the Adobe Creative Cloud storage, original files fom the Lightroom Ecosystem and Smart Preview files from images synced from Lightroom Classic) 

So those two amount will not match exactly unless you have selected to sync every image imported into Classic, as an example I have over 40,000 image image files on my system but only about 9000 actually syncing.

Just some thoughts.  

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never had a match either because of my workflow - but then I don't / won't balance my checkbook either 😳

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help, everyone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines